Munster Tara Lake looks so different

Apr 28 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Cole and I had a chance to visit/survey Munster lake on Tuesday 4/25/23 after the lake suffered low water from lack of rain for most of 2022. Today the lake is full. The owner took advantage of the low lake level and added a fantastic boat launch area capable of launching full sized bass boats. The owner also used an excavator to dig out some of the creeks/ coves that feed the lake. The main creek is full and likely a ¼ mile long with most the channel 3-5 feet deep. It’s narrow, but worth the trip as long as the lake stays full. Most of the lake is still 6 foot or less, and fishes twice as big as most of you who have been here before might remember. Water visibility is still low, but better than I have seen in the past. About 12”. 

The shock survey produced all size class of bass including a few in the 5 to 6 lb class. The relative weights of the bass was fantastic. Most were 95% to 110% of their weight. A few of the fish had not completely spawned and were still egged up in late April. 

Apr 28 2023

Stephen Conover

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thank you, guys for the information.  Tara is one of my favorites.  Damita and I were there recently and noticed the improvements.

Apr 28 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Glad to hear the lake is doing better. One of my favs for sure. Largemouth Black Bass are resilient and I figured some of those survived, especially the one or two reports having 5lb fish.  I bet the fish are enjoying swimming around and all the fresh water that came in. That lake gets clearer when it comes from being low to fresh water coming in. 12” good visibility for Tara 

since two are required and another member wants to do this Tuesday the 2nd  PM me through the club