Lane Blundell

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 
Property Name : Cassidy Farms
Reservation Date : 04/26/2023 All Day - 
Total Fish/Sizes : 12 LMB up to 4lbs, 3 crappie
Lures Used : Topwater,  chatterbaits, soft plastics

Got to the lake about 7:30 am and the skies opened up and it poured.  Since I had driven 2 hours to get there I decided to wait it out.   Drove back into town and found a donut shop so sat and had 2 donut and a cup of coffee.  The bank around the lake was mud so launched the club Jon boat and got back on the water about 9:00 am.  Water had 2-3 ft visibility but the wind was up from the storms so it was a lot of move and anchor, move and anchor.  Started catching right off on topwater and caught majority of fish on surface which was a little surprising considering wave action on the lake.  
Caught a dozen LMB up to 4 lb but most 2-3 with only 1 dink.  Caught 3 large (>1 lb) crappie.  Didn't really find a pattern or area of the lake that was more productive than others.   Started raining again about 11:00 so took a lunch break in my car with a sandwich I brought.   Got back on the water for another hour but got nothing, not even a bite.  Things just shut down.  Weird.

I was waterlogged by then so called it a day.   Still had a good day and with better weather it could have been great.

Lane