Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35802
Property Name : Bremmond
Reservation Date : 04/22/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : Bunch
Lures Used : Chase baits

Wendell Vines and I fished Bremmond on Saturday April 22nd.  The lake looked about 50-60% full.  The water was a pleasant green and the weather was 70-80 degrees and moderately windy.  We decided to each bring our own boats to accomodate the wind and woods.  That was a good idea as it would be hard to fish much of the wooded area if were were in the same small boat.  We arrived at 11:00 AM and fished till 7:30 PM.  We lauched our Bass Raiders as we headed to the trees.

The fish were aggressive and super healthy.  We engaged in hand-to-hand combat in the heavily treed section opposite the dam.  We caught a ton of bass between 3 ½ and 5 ½ pounds.  The wooded section of the lake was only about three feet deep at the deepest section and the shallow part of the wooded area was a foot deep.  For every tree that you could see above water there was another laying beneath the water.  It made for tight quarters and stressed your tackle to the max.  Once you hooked a bass you had to horse it out of the the wood quickly else it would wrap around every object it could.  To illustrate  that point I broke the line tie to my Jackhammer chatterbait on FIVE separate lures.  I don’t know that I have ever broken a single one before.  See attached photo.  Suprprisingly, we didn’t lose many fish and broke no lines.  We did catch fish in the non-treed section of the lake as well.  Maybe 2/3 of the fish in and around the timber and 1/3 in open water.  We had a great time fishing this lake and will definitely be back.