Samuel Mitchell

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35880
Property Name : Blue Rock Lake
Reservation Date : 04/21/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 27- most between 2-3#s, 2 @5, 1@6 and 1@7#
Lures Used : Black blue buzz bait, weightless Ocho worm and shaky head

I booked blue rock all day and was in the water at sun up.  Within a few casts the bass were hitting the  buzz bait.  With all the grass and weeds the buzz cruises across the water and gets smashed!  I had so much fun throwing parallel to the shore and almost holding my breath for the next blow up.  Eric tue land owner and the management of the lake has worked.  No dinks and tons of mean/angry bass.  If you fish this lake, don't get frustrated by the moss/grass, use it.  Find a weightless work or fluke or something that can be thrown on the outside then a frog or buzz bait on the inside or on top of the stuff.  The weather was crazy and Eric said I could fish Long lake.  
The reports are right- it looks like a Caribbean blue resort pool.  There is a big drop off around the shore so the Ocho worm and zoom shaky head work we're working really well.  This lake is so unique so if you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it.  Especially anyone that has a kayak with electronics this summer.  It is deep and I bet the fish would be loaded up in that cool water.  Thank you PWF and land owner Eric for making a fantastic fishery!  I tried to get some photos of the fish and baits but from the kayak solo they are below average.