John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35826
Property Name : Salt Lick Lake
Reservation Date : 04/08/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 39
Lures Used : Swim Baits, T Rig and Wacky Rig

This was my wife's first PWF fishing trip and my first trip to Salt Lick Lake. We arrived at first light and went immediately to the northeast corner fishing top water and a swim bait along the way. Water was 63 degrees on arrival and rose to 65 degrees about noon.  Wind was very calm all day.  Glass like when we arrived.  Most of the 39 bass caught were caught in the first two hours of the morning in the northeast corner of the lake.  We had 9 bass over 3 lbs.  My largest was 3.46 lbs on a wacky rig. My wife's largest was 3.3 lbs on a miniature swim bait.  We had one double which was exciting.  Had the line broke twice. Most of the 7 culls were extra small between 5 and 8 inches.  We tried some vertical jig fishing for some crappie before we left but no bites so abandoned that fairly quickly.  We left the lake at 3 PM because of hunger and to check on our teenagers we left at home to fend for themselves.  We did meet the owner, Eric, on the way out and had a good discussion about the lake.  Super cool guy and an awesome lake.

Apr 10 2023

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Great report John, really glad your wife enjoyed her first PWF outing!