Kirk Balsley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35827
Property Name : Blue Rock Lake
Reservation Date : 04/04/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8/ Up to 4.81
Lures Used : Topwater

Had a PM reservation on Blue Rock. Started about 1:30. Brought the gear to fish out of the on site boat but chose to try off the bank due to high winds.  Most of the fish were caught on either side of the rock ramp with most to the left of the ramp. Caught most fish on Sexy Shad popping frog and a few more on a Yellow Magic.  Conditions were cloudy and temperature perfect in the 80’s. Perfect if you took out the gusty winds. 

Late in the day the property operator owner referred to in other reports came down to check on me. This proved to be a big stroke of luck!  He wanted to see how it was going and talk about the property lay out. He was on an ATV and asked if I wanted to see the other lakes. I said sure and was going to jump in my truck to follow him and I had pulled a bone headed move and left my key turned to accessory. So I had a dead battery. It didn’t prove to be an easy fix but he did provide much help to get the truck running.  I really needed to get on the road and be sure the truck would make it back to Dallas so I missed the last 1 ½ hour.  Will never leave the key in the ignition again. :(  Still a very good day! Did not have a fish under 15.5 inches and along with the 4.81 also had a 4.15       Would love to make it back here!!