Joe V. Smith

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35634
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/27/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 70 bass largest 5.5 lbs next 2 1/4 lbs
Lures Used : lizards,fluke,wacky ,yum dinger & tx rig

It has been 2 yrs since my last visit to Six O. It has been either too windy,too cold,too hot or already booked. As others have reported the lake is near full and clear.The vegetation is still way down in the main lake and starting to come up in the back of the coves.Very easy to fish anyway you desire. I have never seem the vegetation this far down/back in this lake.

Fished be myself from 7am to 2pm with a 30 minute shore lunch break. Caught 70 bass the largest was 5 ½ lbs but the next largest was maybe  2 1/4lbs . Removed 50 bass and the remaining 20 were not large. I was fishing a cove , did not get out of the first cove until the last hour and I was ready to go home.The smaller bass had moved in and were actively feeding on everything I threw. Lizards,flukes,wacky,sinko & tx rig. I kept expecting to run into larger fish plus I was enjoying the action of the smaller fish.I caught  the largest fish after I got back to the main lake and rather than looking for more I chose to leave and fight the traffic back to Grapevine.