Samuel Mitchell

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35385
Property Name : Blue Rock Lake
Reservation Date : 03/24/2023 All Day - 03/24/2023 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 40 bass between 2# - 6#
Lures Used : Buzz bait/frog/rattle trap

The rain slowed us down a little and we didn't get ion the water until 9:30 am.  It was super windy and cloudy.  So if anyone read my last report, the buzz bait straight works in those conditions.  So the first few casts (from the shore) were profitable.  Within a few casts I landed a 4.3# on the black blue buzz bait.  Dr Paul and I got the boat ready and moved around the shoreline throwing the buzz bait in the shallow water and were successful.  The biggest fish was right at 6#s and was caught at about noon so we had a very productive morning.  No dinks so the management is definitely working.  
Then the storm rolled in.  Tons of rain and wind so we sat in the truck and ate some lunch.  When the rain slowed we got out and walked around shore and caught 6 more tossing that buzz bait around.  Clearly the fish were setting up to spawn and all the fish we landed were fat and healthy.  We even missed several or lost at the boat throughout the day.  
eric the landowner came out and was very nice.  He has done a great job on the water clarity and the property is well maintained.  Also, it's an hour or so away.  So if you haven't tried Blue rock or his other two lakes- long lake or salt lick go out and fish!!  
my only comment to PWF is there is a ton of green soft/snotty goo around the edge and it floats around.  Very difficult to get anything in/around it from a lure to a motor.  Could be seasonal but not complaining just information purposes.  Thanks to Eric and PWF for another great day on the water.