John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35546
Property Name : Wildcat Creek
Reservation Date : 03/21/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 16 2.5 pounds, one 2.75 pounds
Lures Used : Spinner abit, Underspin, Crank, T Rig, Ned

Nice pampered property, great it would be for a family and/or a weekend getaway. Used large underspin and spinner bait most of the morning. Did have a few dinks not able to inhale it as a couple came up and fell off just having the back half of the swimbait I was using was the only thing they could get ahold of. Had several hooksets that pulled right out of their mouths. Though the first fish on I beleive was 4 pounds or bigger as it had that mighty pull as she ran for deep water. Had to be a good fish, couldn’t stick her though. Had another about 3lb late in the day couldn’t stay stuck, came off at the boat. The fish landed seemed to be carbon copies and in good health. Beuatiful orange eyes. The fish seemed to be cruising the shallows feeding, a little early to be bedding yet. Only got 4 50’ from shore, all others came around the grass at edge or within a couple of feet. LAKE IF FULL and greatr to see, water was trickeling over spillway.

Water 53-55 lake is full 18” vis

Weather supposedly windy but wind calmed down when it drizzled off n on all day.

Found some underwater brush in several places and in 3-8 foot. Lots of features in this lake and it was fun to fish. I will return in fall!

Only one pic as the fish all looked the same, healthy, angry fighters. Go fish this lake.

Mar 22 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

I had booked the property a couple of times, but something with work always came up.  Thank you for the report John. 

Mar 23 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

I had booked the property a couple of times, but something with work always came up.  Thank you for the report John. 

If TCU and Timber had a baby this would be a decent analogy of Wildcat 

Mar 23 2023

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

If TCU and Timber had a baby this would be a decent analogy of Wildcat 

John, I’ve never been to TCU and Timber but the Wildcat reminded me of Hickory Creek a little. I didn’t have electronics so I wasn’t able to find the humps. I do think I lost a crank off of a tree on a hump out toward the main lake. Maybe Joshua can tell us where the humps are when he goes.

Mar 23 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By TRI VO

John, I’ve never been to TCU and Timber but the Wildcat reminded me of Hickory Creek a little. I didn’t have electronics so I wasn’t able to find the humps. I do think I lost a crank off of a tree on a hump out toward the main lake. Maybe Joshua can tell us where the humps are when he goes.

Tri, hoping I can get out there before too long and I’ll map it.  

Mar 23 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By TRI VO

I use a Piranha DI. There is a brush pile south behind the fountain. There is a long 3-4 ft flat east side of the island that goes out a ways. Also a brush pile at the cut by the launch side that May almost be exposed at normal lake level. It was underwater and my trolling motor found it lol. There are also lay downs in deeper water all over. Graphi g that lake will be fun