Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35558
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/21/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 11 LMB. Culls to 2.5lbs
Lures Used : Chatterbait, Frog, Senko, Swimbait, Jig, Spinnerbait

Followed the weather report closely all week as it was all over the board, but mainly said no precipitation but windy.  Woke up this morning to a report of mid-60’s but with wind over 20mph.  Arrived at 12:30pm with 63 degree temp, steady rain and winds around 10-12mph.  Worked the east shoreline and caught a dink next to the duck blind.  Not much else besides a frog blowup in the moss behind the trees on the NW end.

The rain was light, but steady.  Around 1:45pm as I was working on from the SW corner, the rain stopped, the wind stopped and the water became glass calm.  Boom, the bite turned on with 4 fish in 10 minutes and I missed 3 on a swim bait.  Love the swim bait I’ve been throwing lately as it catches plenty, but unless you really lean into them on the hookset, it results in some misses.

3pm the wind turned back up and the bite slowed.  Caught a few here and there.  Ended up with 7 culls and 4 overs.  Not much on size up to 2.5lbs, but fun.  Fish are super pale, but given the muddy water it’s not surprising.

Always enjoy this property given its less than a hour from my house.

Mar 23 2023

Greg Wadley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fish there have always been pale, but there’s no grass so not surprising. I haven’t fished it this year. Tough lake to fish with a south or north wind as it has no tree cover. But I’ve caught a lot of 4lbers in that lake up to 6.5. So they’re in there. Usually I’ve found them up against wood on the left side as you move towards the damn from the launch.