Mar 20 2023

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35549
Property Name : Sandy Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/19/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 28 up to 8.9#
Lures Used : Rattletrap, Spinnerbait, Crankbait, Chatterbait, Large swim baits, Trig 10" worm

First time booking this nice beautiful property. Been wanting to go here since a year ago and it didn't disappoint. Got on the water fishing out of the plastic boat about 130 pm. Air temp reading from the truck showed 43 initially. The wind and water was cold, but the sun was shining and welcoming. Water clarity was maybe 1' or so. I didn't have electronics. Snot moss was a bit of a pain in the shallows. I didn't see or hear bait fish. It was trial and error on what lure would work. Tried deep cranking with no success. I determined vibration and sound were key. I ended up catching them in 2-5' of water. They were scattered all around the lake with the exception of the dam. Most were 2-3# chunks with a few 4-5#. The kicker was almost a 9# behemoth. That was fun. She didn't want to come up and I kept begging her to stay on, haha. She ended up dragging me and the plastic boat out to the middle. That was fun! What a great property. I only fished the first lake. Thank you owner and PWF!

Mar 20 2023

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

FUN indeed! Way to go Tri – nothing like a tiny boat towing tank!

Mark

Mar 21 2023

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mark Daugherty

FUN indeed! Way to go Tri – nothing like a tiny boat towing tank!

Mark

Boat was cramped for sure, Mark. The small space make it difficult to take good photos of the toad. She had a huge mouth and was extremely thick. I’ll have to figure out how to mount my phone on the trolling motor so I can get a better angle. Or better yet bring my boat next time. Thanks!

Mar 23 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I have had a couple AA tanks take me out to sea in my small boat. Fun when they do that. 

Apr 03 2023

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

I have had a couple AA tanks take me out to sea in my small boat. Fun when they do that. 

John, those are OMG but fun times!

Hello,

Does anyone know why Sandy Creek was blocked out for 3 months for reserving? Maybe I missed a memo…..

Apr 03 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By TRI VO

John, those are OMG but fun times!

Hello,

Does anyone know why Sandy Creek was blocked out for 3 months for reserving? Maybe I missed a memo…..

Tri,

Thanks for catching this. Its now wide open to book trips. 

Steve