Jeffrey Robles

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34776
Property Name : The Bluffs of Sandy Shores
Reservation Date : 03/11/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 30 Bass up to 4.5lbs
Lures Used : Spinnerbaits, Flukes, and Berkley Generals

So, my wife I hit the Bluffs on the second day of our reservation armed with the knowledge from the day before.  This helped us find the Bass a little quicker and the Generals and Flukes were still the ticket, however the wind was much stronger this day and by Noon we had to change things up quite a bit.  Spinnerbaits and Chatterbaits took over the bite which lasted right up until the battery was going to die.  We literally called it quits after a double hook up at around 4:30pm.  (Note: should’ve brought that second battery, so we could’ve fish til the end of the day.)

Fish were again, butterballs.  All over the slot, with the largest going 4.5 on a Spinnerbait.  Defintely up feeeding in the afternoons.  

On both days we fished around the islands when the wind was blowing and in the calmer mornings fished the soft plastics on the South-facing shorelines and little cutts.  

We worked pretty hard both days and the lake rpoduced for us.  None of the size I saw last Spring but solid numbers for an early spring, windy sets of days.  This is still a great spot.