Mar 13 2023

Jeffrey Robles

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34775
Property Name : The Bluffs of Sandy Shores
Reservation Date : 03/10/2023 All Day - 03/10/2023 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 25 Bass up to 4lbs.
Lures Used : Berkley Generals, Flukes, Jerk Baits, Rattle Baits, Poppers and Floating Worms

Hit the Bluffs last Friday with my wife Linda.  We cuaght 25 Bass up to 4 lbs.  She caught 15 and I, 10.  We fished from 10am to 5:30pm.  Got a late start becasue I had to go into the office that morning.  Total mixed bag here bite-wise.  The fishing started slow, then came on in the afternoon.  My wife fished the Generals around shoreline cover and had a pretty decent bite off and on, catching 8 this way.  Most of those plastics fish came in the first three hours, from 10am through mid day towards 1 or 1:30pm. A slow, light pressure bite.  I didn’t have the patience to stick with the plastics and I kept swithcing things up catching one on a hard Jerk Bait, then a Popper and then one on a Rattle Bait.  Wind kicked up in the afternoon and the reaction bite got going.  Fish were caught in bunches, 3 or 4 in an area, then nothing.  But the hits were hard, especially on the Flukes.  All 10 of my fish were caught on reaction baits and my wife added 7 more fish to her total on such baits as well.  I’d say the winner here was the soft and hard jerk baits.  Of course, we could’ve stuck with the Generals and kep catching fish too I suspect.  All fish were above the slot and were fat and healthy looking.