Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34714
Property Name : The Bluffs of Sandy Shores
Reservation Date : 03/01/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 27 up to 4.5lbs
Lures Used : Swimjig/chatterbait/prespawn stuff

I’ve had some adventures out here considering I’ve had to swim to get a boat once, but this time it included ligtning and rain, so add that to the list. Fished with fellow member Charles McCallum and despite having to relaunch a few times, we managed to put some fish in the boat. 

1. Water was 62 degrees, but didn’t warm much as it was cloudy and had a bit of a cold storm in the morning, then a slight warming trend.  Wind was primarily out of the E/SE.  Cloudy throughout the day. Water clarity was around 3.5ft with a mild green stain that was back to its usual color from acidic green in fall. 
  2. A few revisions to the lake were made (pulling alot of the big massive brushpile in the center of lake, the back area was opened up with depths of up to 9ft. 
  3. Pond weed had not come in yet and the lake is up a few feet from what had been the normal with depths approaching 16-7 feet in some parts of the ‘main’ lake.
  4. Most fish were had near the islands.  
  5. We saw alot of fish hugging the bottom and they were mostly white color, indicating they really hadn’t moved up yet, or just were starting to. 
  6. I anticipate the prespawn proper fishing period to kick in after the next coupe of weeks as the weather pattern isn’t going to be great with colder temps after Tuesday of next week.  April should be much better. 
  7. A feeder was added with 7 more incoming.  A fertilization program is about to start. Tilapia will be added with shiners added a bit ago.  
  8. Fish were just under relative weight but the larger the fish, the better the RW. 
  9. Harvest limit here is 16” and I know they want to take out a bunch of fish from the lake, so as the sign says when you launch – harvest, harvest, harvest. 
  10. Lake management notes – stay the course – feeding, fertilization and harvest this year and this lake will continue to grow and develop.  Biology takes time and there are no instant fixes on a lake.  I know from experience that a feeding program like you are instituting (you already have great cover) will turn an average bg population into a bananas one in a season.  The bass will respond in kind.  

Mar 05 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I figured they would let the lake get deeper as its build progresses. Good that big ol brush pile got distributed, even though that was a sight to behold.