If your looking for a big one

Feb 26 2023

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Fishing yesterday 2/25. All the bites were reaction bites on the fall close to shore as you can get.  In the next couple of weeks will be a good chance to pull out a big girl.  The temps this next week are favorable for increased activity. Yesterday if the sun could have peaked out thru the clouds and fog we might have doubled our catch.  I'm an old time fisherman who had to sit in the middle of the boat between the two Hungarian brother Lester and Charlie.  They taught me to feel the water, smell the water and taste the water  . If all three sense got their approval we would fish.  We would fish even if it didn't meet their approval.   So I've learned to fish, hunt and trap with my senses.  Yesterday seemed like a ½oz. off set spinner in red withe brass willow blades. We managed to pull out 7 bass for the day.  I tried crankbait, red shad worm, watermelon fluke but the day belonged to the spinner.

to complete the story after fishing years ago with the Hungarian brothers ( they came to U.S. in 1956) we ended up at their house. I was just a teenager and they were old in the eyes of a teenager.  They would fry the fish, someone would run down to the basement and fill from a barrel of home made wine a gallon jug.  We would eat they would sing and drink. Everyone in that family played the accordion. I would have to cut that wine with some 7 UP as it was too strong for me. I learned to fish with them and two other families in our neighborhood.

so if you're in the big bass contest a prize winner is waiting for you.  Northeast is close (1 ½ hrs) good roads leading to the lake and a nice Jon boat. But best of all is some big bass just waiting for you to take a photo.

Feb 26 2023

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice fish and great story!

Thanks for sharing!