Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35028
Property Name : Heartbrand Ranch
Reservation Date : 02/11/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : Decent Numbers considering conditions
Lures Used : Lipless Crankbait, Jerkbait

I fished from 12:45 till 5:30 under cold and windy conditions.  Didn’t catch a lot of fish but the ones I caught were extremely healthy and hard fighting.  Wind was 15-20 out of the North and the water level was still very low with good color and visibility.  

Feb 14 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Bruce. thanks for the report. I think you are the first to fish it since our electrofish survey in November and the introduction of new adult bass in December. Water is stll cold, so I would not expect big numbers. But… how many bass in the 4 hours of fishing?

Feb 14 2023

Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Bruce. thanks for the report. I think you are the first to fish it since our electrofish survey in November and the introduction of new adult bass in December. Water is stll cold, so I would not expect big numbers. But… how many bass in the 4 hours of fishing?

Steve,  I was able to catch 5 bass.  All of the bass were  3 -5 pounds.  The size of these bass relative to their length was something to behold!

Feb 15 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Bruce Bernard

Steve,  I was able to catch 5 bass.  All of the bass were  3 -5 pounds.  The size of these bass relative to their length was something to behold!

Thanks Bruce. When we did our electrofish survey 3 months ago, the forage base was insane. Its not surprising that you caught some really nice fat bass. The lake has turned personalities from a numbers lake to a quality fish lake with the reduced bass population and thus the increased forage population. Great place to catch solid 3-5 lbs bass.