New Brush Piles on Salt Lick!

Jan 11 2023

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Thanks to the landowner, Eric, and club member Mike Nicoloff, there are about 100 new trees submerged as brush piles in Salt Lick Lake!  Brush piles provide great structure for forage fish and are a great target for our club members to catch bass relating to that structure.  If you have electronics you should be able to see the brush piles and probably lots of fish around them your next trip out…otherwise, you should be able to sight fish several of them.  This lake has some slab crappie in it so this is like a late Christmas present for them!

Note, brush piles were also added to Blue Rock Lake in December, thanks to Eric, Mike, Cole and Ryan for their help getting those brush piles added there!

Jan 12 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I am excited to get back out there and see how the fish are staging next to the piles.  I will take a couple pix of my down scan. 

Jan 12 2023

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

I am excited to get back out there and see how the fish are staging next to the piles.  I will take a couple pix of my down scan. 

Great Mike, look forward to seeing the pix and thanks again for all your work helping get the brush piles in!

Jan 12 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Great Mike, look forward to seeing the pix and thanks again for all your work helping get the brush piles in!

Did y’all do a ‘fish city’ type setup or spread them out so I know what to look for!

Jan 13 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Did y’all do a ‘fish city’ type setup or spread them out so I know what to look for!

It's pretty much a mixed bag and when you find one you should find a couple more.  I have a crude google map image where I marked the general spots based on my mental map and see below. There is a larger pile near the center of the lake where we made a couple trips. Not quite a 'fish city’ but we dropped at least 8 there in around 25ft.   There were also a few floaters that just wouldn't go down and all of those slowly drifted to the north side until they eventually got hung on the drop-off.  The other trees closer to shore are going to be off the weedline in ~14to 18ft of water. 

Jan 13 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

It's pretty much a mixed bag and when you find one you should find a couple more.  I have a crude google map image where I marked the general spots based on my mental map and see below. There is a larger pile near the center of the lake where we made a couple trips. Not quite a 'fish city’ but we dropped at least 8 there in around 25ft.   There were also a few floaters that just wouldn't go down and all of those slowly drifted to the north side until they eventually got hung on the drop-off.  The other trees closer to shore are going to be off the weedline in ~14to 18ft of water. 

Cool man, I’ll check it out