Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34724
Property Name : Cassidy Farms
Reservation Date : 01/07/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 21 LMB: 2.5-3.5 lbs x 18, 4.5 lbs x 2, 5.5 lbs x 1
Lures Used : T-Rig Craw & Creatures, Weightless Fluke

Another great day at Cassidy Farms! I don't think this lake has a single dink. I’ve only caught solid, thick, hard-fighting fish here. 

Despite the warmer temps lately, the water was still very cool, so I headed straight for the middle of the lake and deeper water. Water visibility was 18-24” but that didn't stop the bass from crushing the craws and creatures when fished deep. Caught several 2.5-3.5 lbs LMB on green/chartreuse and black/blue D-Bombs, plus one 4.5 lbs and the big one of the day that was 5.5 lbs. Christie Craw in green and red/blue caught the most. Threw a weightless fluke at the east bank toward the end of the day just in case some were feeding up. Didn't expect anything, but ended up with two, one of which was 4.5 lbs. Also landed a 1.5 lbs crappie. Great day fishing! 

Lastly, had the pleasure of meeting the property owner. We chatted twice and I made sure to thank him for making such a beautiful property available to PWF members. I’m definitely bringing the whole fam to camp here in the spring!