Samuel Mitchell

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34505
Property Name : Salt Lick Lake
Reservation Date : 12/09/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 22 between 2-5#’s
Lures Used : Crank bait, jerk bait, chatter bait

Cloudy day and some rain in the morning but I hung in there.  Between 8 am and 2:00 pm I caught a few nice fish all on either the jerk bait or crank bait.  Both dove to 6-10 feet and natural color.  There did not seem to be a pattern because the bites were so sporadic.  The reason I would switch to the chatter bait every now and then is there is some grass/sunken trees and the chatter bait comes through that stuff better than the treble hooks.  So then about 3:00 the sun came out and the fish turned on.  12 of the fish were all in about 30 minutes with a natural colored Rapala 10 ft crankbait.  It was so much fun.  I felt like I had casted 200 times for 10 fish and then all of a sudden  I casted 20 times and had 12 nice fish.  It was a wind blown side and I positioned the kayak to pull the crankbait parallel to the shore line with long casts and BOOM the fish were crushing it.  
Beautiful property and Eric the owner was ver nice.  He also referenced the late afternoon bite so if you do go fish and it's slow, battle and stick it out for that switch that flips in the fish!  Thanks PWF. You