Kara Moss

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34434
Property Name : Northeast Lake
Reservation Date : 12/02/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 13 total
Lures Used : Spinnerbait, whopper plopper, Texas rigged worm, crankbait

When I booked the lake it was forecast to be a sunny warm day but it turned out to be just the opposite.  It rained most of the day and was pretty windy but it still turned out to be a great day to be fishing.  I spent the first hour or so fishing from the bank because the rain and wind were both in full swing.  I caught my biggest fish of the day from the bank while picking apart the grass patches in shallow water.  I feel like I gave every lure a fair chance at the beginning but all the fish I caught came on the spinnerbait so I stuck with it the rest of the day.  I used the jon boat and ventured around the pond when the rain lightened up.  I caught a few more fish and lost a decent one which still hurts a little.  I had to end my day early due to lightning unfortunately. I'm looking forward to coming back and learning more about this body of water in the near future!

Dec 03 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Welcome to the club – NE Lake is a consistent lake with a secluded feel to it.  I think Steve told me once that Athens has more private water per acre than anywhere else in TX.