Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33596
Property Name : Bluebonnet Ridge
Reservation Date : 08/27/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 10 LMB
Lures Used : Paddletail swimbait, chatterbait, fluke, wacky rig senko

The fish won. Water level was up at Bluebonnet Ridge, but water clarity was down. Visibility was only 1.5-2 feet and the water resembled a dark tea color. Brought mostly natural colors since this lake is typically very clear. Thankfully I had chartreuse spike-it with me which got the fishing biting. Regardless, I had limited success without electronics to pinpoint the grass lines in deeper water. 

In total landed 10 LMB, ranging from 1.5-4lbs. Not a bad day, but was hoping for better with such good weather. Despite losing the game of hide-and-seek to the fish, it was a beautiful day on an exquisite property! 

Aug 29 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Merlin,

Great Photos! Are you a photgrapher? 

The water color did change. It will clear again within a week. We spoke to the owner last week and the lake was full and running out the spillway from the recent rain event. 

Aug 30 2022

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Merlin,

Great Photos! Are you a photgrapher? 

The water color did change. It will clear again within a week. We spoke to the owner last week and the lake was full and running out the spillway from the recent rain event. 

Steve, 

I love a great photo, but I’m certainly no photographer. Several friends who are have taught me just enough to be dangerous. The quality of the photos is more a reflection of the beauty of the property than my skill with a camera. I appreciate the complement though.