Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33334
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 08/08/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 40+ up to just shy of 6lbs
Lures Used : TRIG/Dropshot/Jerkbait

Took the Tracker out to Double A on Monday with fellow member Charles McCallum and we had a productive day while mapping/exploring the lake with my electronics using sidescan to locate specific areas that were holding bunches of fish, waypointing and then dragging baits in those specific areas to catch said fish.  

1. Water temps were 85-88, steady wind for the most part at 10-12mph out of the South/Southeast.  Water visibility continues to be high (5ft+).  Lake continues to drop along with the diminishing weedline as the shallows are running out of legroom.  
  2. Fished from 8:30am-3pm with no break.
  3. We had a rough start – as I woke up super early to head to Athens to get my boat, I brain farted and managed to put the plug in the wrong hole (laugh emoji). About 5 min in, Charles was like – man, there seems to be a lot of water in the boat.  Had to wait to drain and relaunch, but we did not die, so that’s a bonus. 
  4. We started working the weedline with TRIGs – 10in redbug, and Charles picked up several fish on isolated weed clumps.  I managed a couple on a jerkbait. 
  5. Then, we started mapping, using sidescan and found a few groups of fish and worked them over pretty good.  Most fish holding between 15-25FOW.  
  6. I’ve wanted to use my big(ger) boat for a while out here but just hadn’t been able to make the timing work.  I have to leave my boat out of the water for 10 days at Athens Fish and Game when I do, so it is a tradeoff.  It made fishing this lake much easier and this was by far both of our best ‘numbers’ day on this lake. 
  7. We didn’t catch anything massive.  Charles caught a couple just over 5lbs and I caught one that was close to 6lbs, but we were on nice groups of 2.5-4lbers that pulled well above their weight class.  
  8. I’ll build a CMAP for Joe after I run the lake a couple of more times that will include contouring/composition/deeper weedbeds.  He can publish if he wants, but my waypoints stay with me.  
  9. Note, we caught several fish that were under 2lbs – alot of these probably should have been culls, but some were future all stars.  While it is a complicated decision making process, not all fish are created equal.  Some have potential to be large and some don’t have it.  Not sure how you teach which to cull and which to save based on relative weights, but this is one lake where that might make sense to have a more complicated culling process that included relative weight indicators for fish under 3lbs.  
  10. We noticed a consistent thermocline at 22-25FOW in deeper sections of the lake on the South side that was less consistent/pronounced on the North side.  
  11. Still seems to be ample shad, though the population does seem to be thinning a bit.  However, there was alot of bluegill of various sizes and several groups of deeper bait (probably tilapia).
  12. Talked with Joe for a bit as well – always happy to see him and talk about his lake.  Thank you again Joe/PWF!