David Richards

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33420
Property Name : Frannies Lake
Reservation Date : 08/05/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15
Lures Used : Buzzbait, square bill, trig

Fished from 6:30 to 10:30 am. Was excited to try this out as my family used to have a ranch in Grand Saline. Worked from the Dock south with a buzzbaits. Got a couple bites in the southeast corner and nothing along the dam. Then got to over flow spout and worked out towards the 3 trees you can see since water is pretty low. Caught a big crappie. Then worked my way to mid lake area and really started to get hit on the buzzbait. And for the life of me couldn’t hook up with them. Finally I caught one on the buzzbait,  and come to find out it still had the plastic guard on the hook. I am an idiot. Needless to say, hook up ratio got much better. Worked a trig badito bug caight one 4 lber. But nothing seemed to really be working so I started thinking what do these guys want. First catch of the day was a crappie so maybe a crappie pattern. Threw on a square bill crank in crappie pattern in that was the ticket. Couple times caught 2 in a row casting to the same spot. 2 fish had 7lb frames but barely managed to get close to 5lbs, very thin. Late in the morning fish started busting by the overflow and caught a few chasing them around. Alot of timber in this lake that runs all the way from the dam to top end of the lake. Feel like if you had electronics your could tear this place up. 

Aug 08 2022

John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

My daughter wanted to paint a lure for me when she was about 10 years old.  I let her have one of the buzz baits but I put one of those same safety caps over the hook so she would not cut herself.  It looked good when she was done so I told her I would try to catch a fish on it.  Hung a bass on one of my first casts with it.  Lost the bass at the boat.  Face palm.  That plastic peice was still on the hook.  I was surprised how far I did get the bass though with essentially no hook.  Gave my daughter a healthy good laugh.  Good times.