TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33361
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/30/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 26
Lures Used : Spinnerbaits, swim baits, swim jigs, Trig worm, Rattletrap

Got to fish 6 hours at Six O and it didn't disappoint. I was hoping for the forecasted 94 degrees but it was a blistering 103 in Nemo. Luckily, there was a steady breeze all day but nothing like my last trip. Water clarity was 6-7' and water temp was 88 degrees. The water level was down about 3 more feet since the last time of being 4' low. But love there's still 30-35' water out in the channels. Before launching, I caught a 15" bass off the dock throwing a large rattletrap. On this trip I was primarily throwing large baits all day. Colors most productive were bluegill and junebug. Finally, I was able to load the pontoon and headed out to the trees in front of the dock. Throwing a large rattletrap with 14# fluoro, I had my line snapped by a fish between the trees. I retied but couldn't get the fish to recommit. Well, the rest of the day most or all of the bigger fish were caught with 30# braided line. From there I went straight across to the west side. I fished the point down to the dam and around the east side back to the dock. Also with the lake down, I would pitch and crank the trees in the middle of the lake since they were now visible. Then, I went back across to the west side and fished the old pond dam. The pond dam was now showing and outlined by grass with the low water. I was catching smaller bass off the edge of the dam with a Trig 10.5” worm and a rattletrap. In the end, the bigger fish came off the grassline on the west side and the dam in 12' of water. I'm impressed with the size and healthy bodies on the bass this summer. A lot of the fish caught were 15-16" with a few 17-19" and healthy. The bigs were heavy bodied too. Culling was definitely helping. Here are a few pics with the two largest going 23" and 24". Thank you owner and PWF!

Jul 31 2022

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Impressive catch

Aug 01 2022

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Carpenter

Impressive catch

Steve, thank you. I think Six O has become one of my favorites for not only catching goliaths but it has size, depth, and structures which allows you to change your fishing style from one day to the next.