Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33328
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 07/25/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 14 up to 9lbs 7ozs
Lures Used : TRIG/Glide Bait/Crank/Swimbait/Chatterbait

Played hookey from work as the kids are in camp and the wife is teaching at a conference this week.  Nothing on the calendar after 12, so off to Double A I went for a few hours of fishing

1. Arrived around 1 and fished till 5ish. 
  2. Water was around 88-90 based on feel, good wind at 12-15mph, clear water to 6ft or so, and a screaming sun;
  3. Fish would bite anything as long as it was a red bug 10 inch worm, which I ran out due to the aggressive smaller fish eating the tails off; 
  4. No electronics today so I stayed on the weedline for the most part which is more sparse than in times past when I’ve fished this lake.
  5. A frog might have done some work but I didn’t have one on me as most of my tackle is on the big boat right now. 
  6. I threw at busting fish in schools, but they ignored my pseudo shad type lure offerings.  When they regrouped around nearby points with pond weed, they could be had with the plastic. 
  7. My biggest fish of the day is also my largest of the year, topping just barely the fish I caught with Scott Wheeler in the boat back in June.  I was really worried about breaking her jaw while trying to hold her up so I had to prop her up on my knee.  Safely returned for the next.  I wanted a picture of her belly from the side but there was no way I could pull it off without risking injury to her or myself. 
  8. I jokingly texted someone “so do I just leave now? Not sure I can top that”
  9. But, I caught one more really good fish, long but somewhat skinny right at 5lbs 2ozs – both were had on the Northeast end of the lake around, but not in brushpiles. 
  10. Several 1-3’s and a few from last years spawn. 
  11. For both of the larger fish, I had to lean down to scratch my leg or adjust the trolling motor for a second, so the trick may have been to let it sit after casting on semi-slack line once it hit the water. 
  12. I’m taking my big boat out here with electronics and active target at some point soon so I can go full cheat mode and find a verified 10lb+ which I’m guessing exists at this point in this younger lake.  
  13. As always, thank you to Joe and PWF for making a Monday like this possible!
  14. Side note, I am really very much not a fan of the big bladed chatterbait while being a chatterbait fan overall. 
  15. Pictures attached are good representation of the classes of fish caught and the two bigs. 

Jul 26 2022

Scott Wheeler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Very Nice, Great Day To Play Hookie, Withstanding That Heat Paid Off.
Love That Lake.

Jul 26 2022

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Wheeler

Very Nice, Great Day To Play Hookie, Withstanding That Heat Paid Off.
Love That Lake.

Wow! Congrats on the HAWG Josh! Thanks for sharing as usual.

Mark

Jul 26 2022

John Hufstedler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Congrats on a great fish! I love AA!

Jul 26 2022

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice and congrats!

Josh, bet you thought she might be a double-digit when it came out of the water haha.

Hoping there’s a double-digit waiting come springtime?? 🤔

Jul 26 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By TRI VO

Nice and congrats!

Josh, bet you thought she might be a double-digit when it came out of the water haha.

Hoping there’s a double-digit waiting come springtime?? 🤔

Ty gents – love the lake, very different from what I normally fish. 

I think there has to be a couple in there at this point – could be wrong, but there are enough small bass, 4-6” CNBG, shiners, etc etc in there for the largest classes of fish to gorge – maybe by fall feeding time. 

Jul 29 2022

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Well done!! and really healthy looking fish. Joe keeps those bass well fed and glad to see it is paying off.