Richard Mccarty

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33271
Property Name : Hidden Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/20/2022 All Day - 07/21/2022 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : Approximately 25 total most in 2-3 lb size
Lures Used : Texas rig worm, C Rig, Topwater, Wacky

Big lake that's manicured on one side, wooded on the other with some distinct drops and forks off the main body. Has just the right amount of vegetation and some lay downs that create an extremely fishable body of water. I didn't fish real hard explored a lot & took big breaks in middle of day with heat. Fish were either extremely shallow or in the 12’ or deeper range. Probably could have added to numbers if I would  have stuck with worm or wacky rig but I had some wind so tried moving baits. Never seen fish disrespect a top water as much as these fish I lost count on how many slapped bait with a vengeance but let go. Even the fish on soft plastics were very apprehensive to grab hold. You really had to let em take it like early spring. I think they are  sluggish with the heat but I do think the fish are a little schooled. If I went back tomorrow & wanted to fish on top I'd downsize my plug as much as possible. I would love to try it in fall or spring but wouldn't hesitate going back tomorrow. Very nice property.

Jul 25 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Disrestful fish…love it. Too funny. 

Tilapia colored crank baits (8-15 foot deep)  in deep water will get you bit.