Hot Day at Bray

Jul 19 2022

Mike Adel

Fry

Number of Posts :

First time to Toby.  My son & I got to Toby lake early, knowing the temps were going to rise soon – and having watched a frogging video that had us juiced.  Fished topwater on all the deep water shorelines & points for over 2 hours –  missed a couple and caught 3 over 2 pounds (including one 5-pounder).  They didnt hit anything noisy, just wanted a quiet approach.  But no frogging bananza.  By 8:30 or so we put away the frogs, tied on our Wiggle Warts and moved out into one of the main channels & followed it up the lake.  About 100 yards up from the boat ramp, the channel was 9-10 ft deep & edges of channel were in 6-7 ft with stumps & trees.  We were into them by 9am on shad-colored cranks running 6ft deep and bumping into stumps & humps – caught another 5-pounder, 3 more over 4, and several over 2-½.  Things were heating up!  We caught fish til 11am or so & took a lunch break.  After lunch the air temp was 102, water temp 85 – thank God for a decent breeze just about all day.  We went back to the creek channel and caught 2-3 more over 4 pounds and others in the 2-3 pound range.  We quit by 3pm, the wind died down some & it got brutal.  Overall – great day in the sun.  25-30 fish, 2 over 5, 6 over 4, and all the rest between 2-4 pounds.  Only 2 culls all day.  And – these fish were big-shouldered brutes.  Not positive, but most looked like Florida strains with smaller mouth & mean attitudes.  We’ll definitely be back. Great addition PWF !

Jul 19 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

ty for the report, headed up there next week – rare instance where I’m going to brave the 105 degree heat.  I haven’t fished a ton this summer.  Last summer was great with 95-98 degree heat and several mini storms rolling through.