Good first trip to Triple J

Jul 03 2022

Jason Shanks

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33134
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/02/2022 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 27 (13 over/14 culled) - from 1 to 5 lbs.
Lures Used : Pop-R; Spinnerbait; fluke and other soft plastics

New member here, and this was my first trip.  First cast was just before 6:00 am.  Topwater bite turned on around 6:30 and was good until 8:00 or so.   Most of my overs came on a pop-r type of bait in the first couple of hours of fishing.  When topwater turned off, switched around to a variety of different baits – and everything caught at least one fish.  But the spinnerbait was most productive, and was the bait used to catch the big fish of the day (5 lbs).  

Bigger fish were relating to the grass line on the upper end of the lake.  Fish caught on the dam end of the lake were smaller and not as healthy looking.  

Overall, the lake was in great shape.  However, it does appear to be down from normal pool level.  Water color was stained, but not bad looking.  Fun lake, and I will certainly be back.  Due to the aggressiveness and numbers of fish, think this would be a great place to take a kid or anyone else you are trying to introduce to fishing.

One final note: saw an earlier post about the boat leaking.  They are right.  Had to bail about every 30 minutes or so.  So the leak may be getting worse.  Not a big deal, but bring a bucket or cut out milk jug to bail with.

Jul 04 2022

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Welcome to the community Jason – look forward to many more reports of your succesful trips!

Mark 

Jul 06 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the update on the boat. After more than 2 years we have finally found a few new jon boats and we just added one at Triple J. The old boat lasted 40 years, it is now at the scrap yard. 

Jul 07 2022

Jason Shanks

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mark Daugherty

Welcome to the community Jason – look forward to many more reports of your succesful trips!

Mark 

Thank you Mark.  Was a great first experience.  Looking forward to many more.

-Jason

Jul 07 2022

Jason Shanks

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Thanks for the update on the boat. After more than 2 years we have finally found a few new jon boats and we just added one at Triple J. The old boat lasted 40 years, it is now at the scrap yard. 

That is great news. I noticed the registration tag was from the 80’s. Got a good laugh from that!

-Jason