Jun 28 2022

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33058
Property Name : Salt Lick Lake
Reservation Date : 06/27/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15 LMB, 1 Crappie
Lures Used : 3.8 Paddle Tail on Flashy Swimmer, Wacky Rig, Tx Rig, Drop Shot, Chatterbait, Football Jig, Crankbait, Z Craw on swinghead

With a break in the 100+ degree heat wave, I took one of my boys out to Salt Lick.  We got out on the lake around 7am and fished until around 6:30pm with a break for lunch.  Water as usual was stained but with 3-4 feet of visibliity and it was 88 degrees by afternoon.  We tried some of everything in the box, but never found just exactly what they wanted to get on a good quantity of fish.  I could see them on the fish finder easily enough, but catching was a bit tougher.  We worked hard for the 16 fish landed.  We culled 8 and the rest were between 2-3lbs.  Of course there were several that got off short of the boat.  Speaking of the boat, remember there’s a small leak in the larger one but not enough to be concerned about.  Just spent a couple minutes in the morning and again in the afternoon bailing so it didn’t start soaking anything.  Most fish were caught on the Flashy Swimmer with a couple more on the Tx Rig (Zoom Ol Monster worm).  The wacky rig stick bait and drop shot (Roboworm) also caught a couple.  Nothing on the chatterbait, jig, swing head, or deep crank.  It sure was nice to get out on the water again and catch a few.