Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32960
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 06/18/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 35 LMB: 1@4lbs, 33@up to 2.5, 1@under slot
Lures Used : Hollow body frog, swimbait

Another great trip to Trinity Lakes! This lake doesn't disappoint if you want to steadily catch solid fish all day-even in the afternoon, which felt like an oven today. Started the day in the shallow north end throwing a hollow body frog because I love topwater blowups and the fish didn't disappoint! Caught 4 solid 2lbers and missed more than I care to say (still learning!). The fish went for both the Booyah Pad Crasher and the Bobby’s Perfect, but I had double the number of fish try to annihilate the Bobby’s perfect. When the topwater bite slowed, I moved to the opposite end of the lake and fished the shallow grass lines. Caught 10 before moving to the middle of the lake to fish the channel that runs through the trees and caught 5 more before I took a break from the heat and to eat. 

After talking myself into braving the heat again (and a nap in the car w/ AC), I got back in the boat and fished the deeper grass lines the rest of the afternoon. Caught 15 more solid fish, including the 4lb 2oz bass pictured below. Caught that fish and the majority of the others on a 3.8” Zoom Swimbait in pro blue/red pearl with spike-it for a little chartuse on the tail to match the smaller bluegill. Got a few bites on the 4.75” Rage Swimmer in bluegill, but the smaller swimbait was more effective today. Other than the 4lber, the other fish photo is a good example of the healthy bass in this lake. 

I'd call today a success since I caugh 35 and I didn't die from heat stroke!