brian martin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32114
Property Name : Frannies Lake
Reservation Date : 06/04/2022 All Day - 06/04/2022 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 61 - 8 over 7lbs, 6 between 4lbs and 5 lbs
Lures Used : swimjig , senko, crankbait, worms , black and blue

Well we started early , and I will have to say the no sign on the gate got us lost for bit . Then when entering you have to drive a bit back into the property to come to a second gate and the its still kinda far back in the woods, just for anyone that has not been . After getting in the water it was preaty much no stop catching fish. We made a quick lap around the pond and ended up at the damn and it was on.Eight fish over 7lbs and fought like 10 lbs ,the swimjig was the ticket , black and blue and dirty pumpkin seed .I have never caught so many big fish in one trip.It was my pb day of fishing. The only bad thing is my buddy dropped his Iphone in the water that he was taking all the pictures of the fish ,I know that sounds like a fish story but its for real. Other than that it was great .It is going to be hard to top that day of fishing on any lake . This property is great, if you have not fished it put it on your list . 

Jun 06 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Dropping my phone in the water is my worst nightmare – seems like the tradeoff was worth it though! Nice work! 

Jun 06 2022

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I had an iPhone do the kerplunk of doom in 12’ of water. Replacing it was ½ Camelot Bell for two admission. Was having a decent fishing day as well. Good you had a great day, Frannie’s is a fantastic fishery.

Jun 06 2022

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Dropping my phone in the water is my worst nightmare – seems like the tradeoff was worth it though! Nice work! 

No doubt, especially if I need the phone/gps to get me home. 

Jun 06 2022

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Brian – that is an insanely productive day! I guess the best I’ve ever read of for PWF. And I feel your buddie’s pain – I lost my iPhone overboard at Six-O on Saturday.

Thanks for the report!

Mark

Jun 06 2022

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hey Brian, that is a killer day! I have fished this property several times, in fact just recently on May 29th, and done pretty well, but never anything like this. Just curious if you guys had scales in the boat or these weights estimates? Sorry to hear about the phone, that sucks…...

Jun 07 2022

brian martin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Charles McCarble

Hey Brian, that is a killer day! I have fished this property several times, in fact just recently on May 29th, and done pretty well, but never anything like this. Just curious if you guys had scales in the boat or these weights estimates? Sorry to hear about the phone, that sucks…...

Yes we had scales , 7-13  all the way to 7-1 , and we were kinda in a competition so some we used 2 differant scales to keep each other honest . lol It was for sure a great day.

Jun 07 2022

brian martin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By brian martin

Yes we had scales , 7-13  all the way to 7-1 , and we were kinda in a competition so some we used 2 differant scales to keep each other honest . lol It was for sure a great day.

All the big fish were by that concrete square by the damn , I guess it is some type of spillway or level managment system . I think they were coming up feeding on all the bait fish by it . 

Jun 07 2022

brian martin

Fry

Number of Posts :

All the big fish were by that concrete square by the damn , I guess it is some type of spillway or level managment system . I think they were coming up feeding on all the bait fish by it . 

And really there was more than 8 that big , we lost 4 at the boat , I know one of those was even better than 7 , it came off just as I was trying to net it. I think it would have been my pb for sure . 

Jun 07 2022

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

And really there was more than 8 that big , we lost 4 at the boat , I know one of those was even better than 7 , it came off just as I was trying to net it. I think it would have been my pb for sure . 

That is where we had most of our luck too. From mid-lake to the back (shallow part), we caught very little, so we focused from mid-lake to dam for better part of the day. We were there towards end of the spawn and caught tons of 3-4 lb.males, but could never get the big females to bite. I know they were in there because we could see them! Two weeks ago we caught several fish with “battle scars” and wounds from spawn Some had HUGE heads but their weight was not proportionate to size… this was likely due to not feeding during the spawn.  Did you encounter that?

Jun 07 2022

brian martin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Charles McCarble

That is where we had most of our luck too. From mid-lake to the back (shallow part), we caught very little, so we focused from mid-lake to dam for better part of the day. We were there towards end of the spawn and caught tons of 3-4 lb.males, but could never get the big females to bite. I know they were in there because we could see them! Two weeks ago we caught several fish with “battle scars” and wounds from spawn Some had HUGE heads but their weight was not proportionate to size… this was likely due to not feeding during the spawn.  Did you encounter that?

A little bit but not much , they were not fat but they were very solid . I did feel like they were under weight for their size but I have never caught that many  fish that size to really compare it to. I have only had 1 that was 10-6 my pb and a few others that were big but did not have scales. We did weigh a few of them with both scales to see and they were within 1 or 2 ounces of each other . They were not beat up either , not on the tails or anywhere . And 1 last thing ,we caught all within about a 3 hr window , I mean we caught fish all day but the big ones only for a few hours and they were back to back to back . It was crazy.