Stephen Conover

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32822
Property Name : Tara lake
Reservation Date : 06/03/2022 AM - 06/03/2022 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 25 bass/ 1lb- 5.1 lbs; 6 crappie
Lures Used : Crankbaits, chatterbaits, swimbaits, topwaters, plastics

Cody, Amanda, Damita Jo, and I had a fun morning at Tara on Friday June 3.  Cody and I arrived at 6:30am and the girls joined us at 8:30. We fished until 12 noon.The weather was fairly cool with a high in the upper 70’s.  Winds light and southeasterly. 78 degree water was muddy with 6-8” vis.

We did not see the landowner, but I definitely noticed the improvements he has mad for PWF members since my last visit shortly after this lake opened in 2020.  The road to the lake has been improved and the ramp has been graded and rocked.  Unlike our visit in 2020, we had no trouble launching our 17’ Tracker. 

Our catching was mostly confined to the eastern shoreline and along the dam.  Only two small bass were caught with the remainder 2lbs and up.  Damita Jo showed us up by catching a 5lb 1oz, a 4lb 6oz, a 4lb 9oz and a 3.  Amanda caught a 1.25 lb crappie.  All together our top 5 fish weighed a little over 21 pounds. 

We had good results on each of the five baits listed above.

Jun 07 2022

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

One of my favorite “go to” lakes when I don’t want to drive for 2 hours, just a hop-skip- jump from our home in Addison. Lots of nice healthy bass in the 2-6 lb. range in there. Our best day at Tara, we caught 2- just over 5 lbs, 7-8 between 3-4 lbs.and too many to count under 2 lbs. Fun place to fish.

You guys had a great day for sure!!!!

Jun 07 2022

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Charles McCarble

One of my favorite “go to” lakes when I don’t want to drive for 2 hours, just a hop-skip- jump from our home in Addison. Lots of nice healthy bass in the 2-6 lb. range in there. Our best day at Tara, we caught 2- just over 5 lbs, 7-8 between 3-4 lbs.and too many to count under 2 lbs. Fun place to fish.

You guys had a great day for sure!!!!

Me n Scott W love that lake as well. Any lake you have a day and loose count of 4 n 5’s is a good lake. Tara is one of them. To some it doesn’t look like much, but it is what is below the surface that matters- a bunch of good fish that don’t like getting stuck in the face.