Bruce Browne

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32775
Property Name : Deer Trail Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/30/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 28/ 2-3 lbs.
Lures Used : Frogs/ spinner baits/ Swim jig with trailer

Leslie and I didn’t get out to the lake until about 2:30.  Air temperture was about 94 degrees but the wind made it not feel to bad.  Was surpised to see the water color was  merky to cloudy ( I guess from wind or last rain). Started out in the lily pads using frogs only got a few strikes, moved to spinner baits and had the same luck.  Went to the swim jig with a crawfish colored trailer and connected.  Pretty consistant strikes starting around 4:30 until around 7:30 pm.  Used the swim baits around the edges of the hydrilla and lily pads.  Most fish caught on the western shore from the dam to the boat ramp.  South of the boat ramp will probibly not be fishable in the near future as this area is almost covered with lily pads, hydrilla and alge.  No worries though, plenty of fishing water on this lake.  Second time here and we really enjoy this lake as it has large trees which cut down on the wind and is totally private and quiet.  Fish are very health and fighters.  We saw deer as well as a beaver moving across the lake in the evening.  Only took out two fish with fish in the 2 # and 3 # range.  Took a few picture of lake conditions and typical bass caught.  Thanks to the land owner for opening this property up really enjoy the drive and lake.

Jun 08 2022

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Looks like a fun outing. My favorite lake. I hope to get there soon.