Shane A. Beck

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32149
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 05/23/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 10 fish, #3 to #9
Lures Used : Soft plastics, crankbaits, chatterbaits

Overcast, SE wind 12mph with no cover, heavy grass on shoreline and deep water. Very tough conditions. Started at 0700 and by 1030 had deceided to eat early lunch, fish till 2 and beat rush hour traffic home since we had been skunked and conditions seemed to be rubbing my nose in it a bit.

Good lunch and back out and within 30 minutes had missed a MONSTER on the grassline point mid lake on North end. The only strike of the day and I missed it so Im really going home early! Same point 30 minutes later, hello Mr. 9 pound bass! Maybe I can stay a bit past 2! Within 30 minutes hello Mr. 7 pound bass. Ok, ok….I fished till 7 and must admit I called the wind some very ugly names! Shad colored crankbait was the ticket and while I must say conditions were tough at AA, I was rewarded!

Oh and the bluegill is bigger that my open hand. Not sure what they are eating, but its plentyful. The landowner, Joe, stopped by for a visit. Nice guy!

May 24 2022

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

April 10 on AA was one of my top 3 fishing experiences of my life. Easily 15 over 4lb with a 8.82 (3rd fish of day) and a 7 for kickers. a 5.5 broke a rod of mine. Those fish eat their wheaties, and the wheaties are those bluegill. I would almost bet that bluegill you have in your hand may still be in the food chain there..Outstanding day you da. Glad it came together. On our April adventure we did Frannie’s the day before in the 40moph wind and did OK. No culls with a 5.5 biggest. Those fish fight like no tomorrow as well. Tight lines Shane!