Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31837
Property Name : The Bluffs of Sandy Shores
Reservation Date : 05/14/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 49
Lures Used : Chatter Bait, Top Water, Senkos, Z Craws

We were super pumped to be fishing the Bluffs………..let’s recap a great day at Sandy Shores. 

We arrived dark thirty to get the boats loaded and get the lay of the lake as soon as it was light enough to see. We were off to the races. I caught a cull right off the bat. Phil caught a 5 Pounder right off the bat. Sitting down in a giant sand hole is a different perspective that we have not experienced in PWF until now. It is a cool look and we were in awe of the lake lay out. Phil was in the club boat and I was in the site pontoon boat. Both were more than adequate and comfortable.

Notes for Future Members fishing this Lake:

:-) There is no shade anywhere on this lake so adequate sun protection, water, sunglasses, big brim hat, etc. is a must.

:-) The wind is brutal and it is critical that you have adequate battery supply for your boat whether yours or for the site boats. We took 4 large deep cycle batteries fully charged and we took full advantage of all 4 of them. A 30 pound thrust for the site boat was more than enough and a 55 pound thrust for the pontoon boat was just enough. The pontoon is a Pond King Pro and Wow what a great fishing vessel it is. So comfortable and sturdy. You can’t overload it with too much gear because it has a great roomy dance floor. Enjoy! 

:-) As for the fish they are battlers with plenty of fight. Get ready to smile!!!!!!!!!!

:-) There is a brand new wide concrete ramp that extends way in to the water for members with big bass boats. You will love the fact that regardless of water level you will have plenty of ramp. Get ready to smile some more!!!!!!!! The property owner total me that they will have a dock constructed and completed within the next month or so. That will make it nice to not have to dislodge the heavy pontoon boat from the bank. 

:-) Town is 9 miles from the lake so it's convenient to run into town to pick up anything you forgot to bring. We hit the Whataburger at 5 am for burgers plain and dry with cheese so lunch was a non issue. Oh and some breakfast tacos. 

:-) This Sand Pit is active so you will hear big equipment working off in the distance. The lake is currently about 50 acres and the owner mentioned they are going to dig it to about 90 acres before all is said and done.

:-) The owner has his home on site and makes it a point to check in with you to confirm that you had a good day, caught quality fish and thank you for fishing the Bluffs. Great guy that served on the Dallas police force and fire department later. He just retired and says he is busier than ever. I had some great conversation with him and he is very interested in PWF members enjoying the lake. And we did!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, let me wrap this up……….the water temp started out at 80 and when we called it a day around 6 PM it was a wet 87 degrees. We ended up with 49 bass for the day. I personally caught 7 bass over 5 pounds and Phil caught several as well. No double, d’s but I will take that all day long. I only had 2 culls so all my catch seemed to all be sizable and all healthy. Phil had more culls but he was pleased that we almost had 50 for the day. We cleaned up the site like we were never there and got back to Houston after midnight. Tired puppy’s we were…………….another great PWF trip and memory made. 

Tight Lines to The PWF Members,

The Pruitt Brothers