Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32496
Property Name : Lakota Lake
Reservation Date : 05/13/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 39 Bass from dinks to 3.5 lbs
Lures Used : Wacky Rig, Jackhammer, Texas Rigged Brush Hog

Met my brother at Lakota for a full day of fishing. First, my brother had issues with the gate lock not opening with supplied combination. I told him, the last two times I went, I had same issue and to just pull hard on the lock on other side of the hasp and will open. It did. I had asked on a message a couple of weeks ago from another angler about the locks and he confirmed to me that he did also have an issue and used the lock on the oposite side as shown in photo and description and it opened for him.

We started fishing and caught a few fish pretty quick near the ramp. As the morning progressed, things slowed down and we had to work for each fish caught. Most fish caught were right outside of weed lines and most stick-ups held fish also. I started using a Crawfish Jackhammer and worked for about an hour or so and could not get any more hits off of it. Switched to Square Bill, but nothing on that either. Started catching one every so often using a Wacky Rig and Texas Rigged Brush Hog. We did not catch one after another, but took a good while between bites but did catch fish. The perch were much more agressive thowing most anything against the grass and they were agressive. I ended up catching a few crappie also and were nice sized crappie.

There are some underwater brush piles that were marked with markers in the past, but the markers disappeared but found some with my Live Scope and they held tons of crappie around those brush piles but no bass were caught near the brush piles. My brother even caught a catfish off of a Senko. 

The water was 88 degrees and dark tea colored. The water has really warm for the early mid may time frame. Never found any bass stacked up in any certain location, but did find some most everywhere and mostly around any standing stick ups.

Since my last trip here, there has been some rock spread around for a nice parking area but could use another load for the ramp itself but as it is, it is good for launching most kayaks or club boat. We did not use the club boat, but it looks to be in very good shape. The road getting to the lake is decent but go slow since there are a few spots it will jar you with some low points that are jarring but only a few and are not bad at all, just go slow.

Most bass caught were under 14” but we did catch several in the 2-3.5 lb range also. 

Video coming when I get it edited and processed. My brother and I had a decent day but not a day that would be considered excellent. This lake is a beautiful lake and has so much potential to it. It is close to Houston and for my area near Beaumont but is a bit expensive for this property and requires two people to fish which limits how often I can go here. Not complaining at all, just not one that I will frequent as much as I would like. I have been here a few times and always produces. I noticed the feeders were no longer working and think new property owners are now offering this lake to the club. Thanks to the property owners for offering this lake to the club. It is a beautiful property and looks to be maintained well. The building on the island looks like it is being worked on and improving also. 

May 15 2022

Keith Stagg

Fry

Number of Posts :

So far this has by far been the worst Private Water lake for catching bass I've Ibeen to. For $150 and a full day you’d think it would be better managed. The lake needs someone to properly manage it as most fish were dinks all the way down to 9 inches which were quite a few. I actually caught maybe 4 fish that would have been legal elsewhere but still can't culll  them and for good lake management the small ones have to be taken out. It was a fun day of fishing like any other day. It’s simply fun to get on the water. I did catch 22 but they were hard to come by. For the price of this Lakke, I will not be going back.

May 18 2022

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Video has been Uploaded