Rick Svoboda

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31881
Property Name : The Bluffs of Sandy Shores
Reservation Date : 05/11/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 16 Two biggest 5 3/4 & 4 3/4
Lures Used : Mag Fluke & Texas Rigged Fluke

Mike & I fished from 11:30 AM to 7:30 PM.  When you first pull up to the parking area and seeing the lake for the first time, we were amazed. It is unlike any other property in the club.  Water temp was 78 and water clarity was 3-3 1/2’.   We caught 16 fish.  The two biggest were 5 ¾  and 4 ¾ .  The first one was caught on a mag fluke and the second one was caught on a Texas rigged fluke.  The 5 ¾  was only 20 1/2” long.  Very healthy – pic below.  We harvested 4.  No particular pattern, but the area to the left of the boat ramp, was the more produtive.  Texas rigged flukes and rattle traps late in the day are what most of the fish were caught on.  Talked with the owner’s brother just before leaving.  He said the morning always seems to be more productive, but he did not know why.  We did not use the pontoon boat, but I will say it is the best one I have seen in the club and small enough to handle a windy day bettter than most.  Concrete boat ramp always appreciated for launching and recovering our two samll boats. Mike & I will be back to test out the brother’s comments.