Bruce Browne

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32276
Property Name : Frannies Lake
Reservation Date : 05/05/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 45+/ up to 5.75 lbs
Lures Used : Swim baits, buzz baits, swim jigs

What a day!  I would say the best single day of bass fishing I have ever had!  Quantity and quality of the fish at this lake are tops in my book.  Got on the lake around 12:30 in the rain.  Prior to that my wife (Leslie) and I sat for around an hour and half on the covered doc in the pouring rain, but finally decided to just get wet.  Fished until around 7:30.  Steady and good strikes all day all around the lake near the grass beds,shoreline and stickups.  Had success with swim baits but the real hit was the swim jig with trailer (pictured below).  We both tied this on and never took it off could have left the tackle box on the dock.  We lost count after about 45…. lost another 15 or so with jumps and poor hook sets, I literally thought my hook was getting dull. The big story here is the quality of fish...we would put the average around 3.5 LBS with many over 4.5 LBS  cought 5 over 5 LBS to almost 6 LBS.  I just knew the hog was about to happen but could not find him….maybe next trip.   My wife, who is just learning to fish, cought her PB at 5.8 LBS. Harvested only 8 fish all day.  What a lake and fishery.  Many thanks to the owner for opening this lake to the club.  I can only imagine this place in the coming years!  By the way after the rain was over ideal conditions after than, passing front and all.