John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31248
Property Name : Frannies Lake
Reservation Date : 05/01/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 45 bass and 1 crappie
Lures Used : Topwater frogs, various Soft Plastics and a swim jig

Fished Frannies Lake with Dr. Brad Sunday.  I have been having some health issues so it was my first trip of the year that I actually made a cast.  It was really glad to get out of the house.  Beautiful day.  Gorgeous, fishy looking lake.  I arrived at the dock right at first light and caught my first bass on a topwater frog from the dock while waiting for Brad.  We fished topwater a little and them switched to worms as we went down the east bank.  We caught 12 bass averging 2.5 lbs in about 15 minutes in one small cove.  We had one double where both bass were over three pounds.  We caught 31 bass by 9:00 AM.   It slowed down signifcantly after that.  All the bass were real fighers.  The first few caught we thought were much larger based on the amount of fight.  Many jumped out of the water.  Some jumped 2 and 3 times.  It was a tug of war or an air show all day.   Fun times.  Total was 45 bass and 1 crappie.  Nine culls.  We had 4 bass over 4 lbs and many were in the 3 lb range.  Brad caught one 6.63 lb bass on a 10 inch ribbon tail near the spillway.   My biggest was 4.4 lbs on a green swimjig.  Lost one bucket head on a weak hookset.  Fantastic day,

May 02 2022

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Sounds like a great day & glad you were able to get out of the house! Reports like yours are why Frannies is on my “gotta fish that soon” list.

May 02 2022

Brad Wemhoener

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Great day with a great friend on a great lake. That’s PWF!