May 01 2022

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32341
Property Name : Tara lake
Reservation Date : 04/30/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7 total, 5 dinks, 1-3lbs, 1-4lbs
Lures Used : Chatterbait, wacky rig stick bait, and a bunch of other stuff that didn't work

A buddy and I fished 2nd half of the day on Saturday.  The weather was really nice as it was the first time all year I haven’t had to fish in crazy windy conditions.  Upper 70’s to mid 80’s with water temp at 71-73 degrees and a managable breeze from the North.  Water was muddy with only 6 inches visibility probably from the big storms that rolled in a few days before.  We started fishing around 12:45 and caught 3 dinks in the first 30 minutes around the mouth of the creek just north of the boat launch area.  All were caught on a shad colored Jackhammer.  Unfortunately, that would be all the catching till close to 7pm when my buddy caught the two nice fish of the day both on the same chatterbait.  I caught another dink around the same time on a wacky worm.  These 3 came around the grassy edge on the East side of the lake.  Besides those baits, we tried a swim jig, shallow cranks, lipless, swimbait on weighted hook and on flashy swimmer, popper, whopper plopper, multiple Tx rigged plastics, and shakey head worm.  We had a few more tentative bites without hooking up which is par for the course, but glad we got to get our and enjoy the day.