May 01 2022

Glen Armstrong

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32436
Property Name : Tara lake
Reservation Date : 05/01/2022 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18/4.6 lb
Lures Used : Pop-R, Whopper Plopper, chatter bait, square bill, hybrid hunter, lipless crank, lizard, Rage Tail black/blue worm

I fished Tara last year about this time of year and had a great day. I caught fish all day on a Pop-R. all day. So naturally I started with that same bait again. I caught a nice fish right away as I headed down toward the dam and then a smaller fish a little later, then nothing. I started switching baits as I fished arond the perimeter. The water was really off color and the visibility was only about 6” to 1”. After circling the lake and fishing all the brush piles I thought this wasn’t going to be the day. However, I remembered KVD said that bass push to the bank when the water is muddy. So, I started using a black/blue Rage Tail worm and getting my casts right next to or on the bank. The action really started in the next 90 minutes I caught 16 fish with the largest aat 4.6 pounds, but there wer several 3-3.5 pound fish.Thank you PWF. The only problem I had was getting the lock at the gate to close when I left. I spun the dial several times, pushed on the lock hard, but I couldn’t get it to latch. I  called PWF and let them know.

May 01 2022

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Glad you figured them out Glen.  I just finished publishing my report on Tara from yesterday afternoon, and we didn’t fare as well as you.  I think your hit the nail on the head that I missed until we were about to leave.  Our decent fish and my last “good” bite and miss came from throwing way up in the grassy edge.  I’ll try to remember that KVD advice for next time.

May 02 2022

Glen Armstrong

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By David Felton

Glad you figured them out Glen.  I just finished publishing my report on Tara from yesterday afternoon, and we didn’t fare as well as you.  I think your hit the nail on the head that I missed until we were about to leave.  Our decent fish and my last “good” bite and miss came from throwing way up in the grassy edge.  I’ll try to remember that KVD advice for next time.

I almost left early due to the poor early results. I think the fish are still spawning as well. At least one of the nice fish I caught had a little blood it's tail. There are definitely some nice fish in that lake. 

May 02 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Glen Armstrong

I almost left early due to the poor early results. I think the fish are still spawning as well. At least one of the nice fish I caught had a little blood it's tail. There are definitely some nice fish in that lake. 

Nice work Glen!