Greg Wadley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32397
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 04/28/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 28 up to 4.5lbs
Lures Used : Caught most on either a 5" swim bait, or wacky sinko

Last 3 trips there I’ve gotten over 30 twice and 28 today. There are quite a few shallow up against tehe damn. Mainly around the drain pipe even though it’s not in the water. Weird but whatever. I caught all those on a wacky sinko. Most of the rest were caught fishing a 5” swim bait over the grass. I fish it weightless down at the north end where the grass is close to the surface. And don’t forget about the little lake. 11 of those 28 were caught over there. All on the swim bait just casting out as far as I could get and working it back in over the grass. Fish in that lake tend to be out in deeper water. 

May 01 2022

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

That’s 3 great trips, Greg! What kind and color of swimbait did the trick? Headed there this Saturday with my 12 year old & hoping to put him on some fish…

May 01 2022

Greg Wadley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Merlin Talley

That’s 3 great trips, Greg! What kind and color of swimbait did the trick? Headed there this Saturday with my 12 year old & hoping to put him on some fish…

I’ve been throwing Reaction Innovation Skinny Dipper (5”) in Houdini and Bull Frog. Bull Frog is hard to find unless you order from like Tackle Warehouse. Houdini is pretty easy to find. I’ve rigged it Texas-rigged with a 5/0 wide gap hook and 1/8oz tungesten weight. I’ve also thrown Houdini in the Little Dipper (3”) with Owner Flashy underspin. Both have been effective. When you get to the back of the grass lake, the grass is too think for the weight. There I threw the larger swim bait weightless with the same hook. Be careful as you can’t always feel the bite weightless and it’s easy to gut hook them.

The best spot for numbers is down by the damn just to the right of the over flow pipe. Why they sit there I don’t know but they are. Some shallow and some right at the grass line. I caught a 4.5 just to the left of the pipe last time. All these on wacky Yum Dinger the ones that are pumpkin with yellow tail. I’ve been putting a small weight in the large end. You can buy those weights at Academy. I’ve been using a 1/0 hook on the wacky also purchased at Academy. My guess is t-rigged would work too and several colors. Nothing special to the color I used, just I had bought a pack of 30. Let me know how you do. 

May 04 2022

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Greg Wadley

I’ve been throwing Reaction Innovation Skinny Dipper (5”) in Houdini and Bull Frog. Bull Frog is hard to find unless you order from like Tackle Warehouse. Houdini is pretty easy to find. I’ve rigged it Texas-rigged with a 5/0 wide gap hook and 1/8oz tungesten weight. I’ve also thrown Houdini in the Little Dipper (3”) with Owner Flashy underspin. Both have been effective. When you get to the back of the grass lake, the grass is too think for the weight. There I threw the larger swim bait weightless with the same hook. Be careful as you can’t always feel the bite weightless and it’s easy to gut hook them.

The best spot for numbers is down by the damn just to the right of the over flow pipe. Why they sit there I don’t know but they are. Some shallow and some right at the grass line. I caught a 4.5 just to the left of the pipe last time. All these on wacky Yum Dinger the ones that are pumpkin with yellow tail. I’ve been putting a small weight in the large end. You can buy those weights at Academy. I’ve been using a 1/0 hook on the wacky also purchased at Academy. My guess is t-rigged would work too and several colors. Nothing special to the color I used, just I had bought a pack of 30. Let me know how you do. 

Thank you, Greg! You’re like our unofficial guide. I’ll definitely let you know how we do. 

May 08 2022

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Greg Wadley

Greg, we had a great day! You can check out my fishing report. Thanks for all the tips and info!