Paul Barner

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32344
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 04/27/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 43 LMB 12" up to 20"
Lures Used : Senko, 10in. Splittail Worm, Chatterbait, Rattletrap

My first trip to Trinity Lakes and it paid off. Fished at Comanche starting about 9:30 and caught five small bass. The new pier is awesome! I decided to follow up on the prior fishing report from Greg Wadley and moved to Arrowhead (Thanks Greg). Note, launch boats with caution the lake is low. First cast using a 10” splitail worm and bam a healthy 3 pounder nailed it. Caught another 5 in the lower half of the lake all 2 to 3 lbs. After a short lunch break I moved down near the dam at Goose lake fishing with a black/blue 5” Yum Dinger. The fish went crazy mad eating it up. I stayed at Goose the rest of the afternoon. There was a moss line about 20 yards off the east bank and the fish were stacked up in there. Largest fish was a 20 incher that was kinda skinny but pulled drag. Caught a bunch of 2 and 3 pound bass all healthy and great fighters. Fished up the north neck at Goose and also had good luck there. It was a great day for catching. They truned off about 5 and I hit the road with another fish story.

May 01 2022

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Very great day for catching, Paul! Did the chatterbiat work at all? Was your splitail worm black/blue too? Upcoming trip with my kiddo and want to make sure I have the right arsenal to catch them like you did! 

May 02 2022

Paul Barner

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Merlin Talley

Very great day for catching, Paul! Did the chatterbiat work at all? Was your splitail worm black/blue too? Upcoming trip with my kiddo and want to make sure I have the right arsenal to catch them like you did! 

The 5 inch Black/Blue Yum dinger caught 60% of the fish. Yes the 10 inch Bass Pro Split tail was also black/blue. I only caught 3 fish on the chatterbait and they came from near the drain pipe at Goose. They were crushing the senko rigged Yum. Hope y’all have a great day catching.

May 04 2022

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Paul Barner

The 5 inch Black/Blue Yum dinger caught 60% of the fish. Yes the 10 inch Bass Pro Split tail was also black/blue. I only caught 3 fish on the chatterbait and they came from near the drain pipe at Goose. They were crushing the senko rigged Yum. Hope y’all have a great day catching.

Apprecaite it, Paul! Bought some 5” black/blue Yum Dingers today so we’re armed and ready. Added benefits is that I now know there is a Bass Pro Shop less than 10 minutes from our corporate headquarters. Actually, that could be dangerous…LOL