TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32237
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/21/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 20
Lures Used : Rattletrap, jig, fluke

I fished the PM and got out there around 1230 pm. I initially tried fishing from the dock but got no takers. I hesitantly went out on the pontoon boat. Fishing was not easy with a pontoon on this lake with gusts of wind. I could not fish the north and west side. Almost got stuck trying the NW side because the wind gusts were so bad. So I stayed mainly on the dam and east side just to be able to fish and have enough juice to get back to the dock. Trolling motor gave up halfway into the day and I walked the shoreline for an hour. Ended up catching 20 bass and culled 14. Biggest was 4.8#. I lost a few and a couple I couldn’t turn. I knew this lake has some giants. Favorite baits were the rattletrap and swim jig. The fluke did not work for me just because there was too much wind to work the bait effectively. This is a great property but I hope the winds will calm down soon. Visibility was 3’ and lake was down at least 4’. Vegetation was just below the surface and fishable. Will be back and hopefully with lesser winds! Thank you Six O owner and PWF!

Apr 22 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Last spring was really windy, but this year has definitely upp’d the ante in the wind department.  That said, 20 is a very strong afternoon either way – nice work on fighting through it. 

Apr 22 2022

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Last spring was really windy, but this year has definitely upp’d the ante in the wind department.  That said, 20 is a very strong afternoon either way – nice work on fighting through it. 

We are getting winds that should be happening in mid to late March. Outlook next couple weeks is wind wind wind. All be safe out there in it. Good job!

Apr 22 2022

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Thanks Joshua, this is quite unusual for sure! I think next time I will bring the jonboat and hand launch it. That way it’s lighter to control in the winds and be able to anchor if needed. The pontoon is like a blimp in water and too heavy to anchor haha. The bass loved the red orange rattletrap. The bigger fish though came off of the watermelon & light blue swim jigs. Gotta catch the dinks to get to the giants!

Apr 22 2022

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

We are getting winds that should be happening in mid to late March. Outlook next couple weeks is wind wind wind. All be safe out there in it. Good job!

Not looking forward to the winds for the next couple weeks, John! I have a trip this weekend. Yesterday, I actually caught fish walking the shoreline. The water level is quite low where you could possibly walk the whole lake. Make sure you have shoes or boots. I think I read in a previous post there are rattllers on the rocky shoreline. Be safe!

Apr 22 2022

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By TRI VO

Not looking forward to the winds for the next couple weeks, John! I have a trip this weekend. Yesterday, I actually caught fish walking the shoreline. The water level is quite low where you could possibly walk the whole lake. Make sure you have shoes or boots. I think I read in a previous post there are rattllers on the rocky shoreline. Be safe!

We are hitting Tara in two weeks and hope the winds calm down by then. Think I may do Travis close to my house next weekend as it is fairly ok with heavy south winds. I like Travis.

Apr 22 2022

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

We are hitting Tara in two weeks and hope the winds calm down by then. Think I may do Travis close to my house next weekend as it is fairly ok with heavy south winds. I like Travis.

John, my wife wants to go back to Tara because she lost a 6-7 pounder last time in the beginning of summer. She reminds me of that all the time. That could have been her PB. Fishing Hickory Creek this Sunday but hoping the rain and winds stay away. Six O is a big pond and it was actually white capping yesterday. I was a little nervous when I got over to the cove of the old dam and nearly got stuck from the gusts. I didn’t get to fish the cove nor NW side because I was concerned about not having enough juice to get back to the dock side as it barely did make it. I have a 50# thrust trolling motor. I think you would need at least a 70-80# TM to get around plus an extra battery on a gusty day like yesterday.