An oldie but goodie

Apr 22 2022

Mike Mehlmann

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

It's been over two years since I fished San Saba  Steve told me the lake was low. But it is such a beautiful property to get away from all that I thought we would give it a go.  It was about 5 feet low. We could only fish about a third of the way down the left creek arm and half the way up the right creek arm. Water was clear. Healthy baitfish population. My wife and I caught 66 bass. Largest was 6 1/2. Had three others over 5 and four over 4 pounds. Many in the 1 to 3 pound class. only a few dinks.  
About half of the lake with fishable. Great for two people for a day or a weekend. Until the lake fills up, a group of 4 would get tight in a hurry. The new trailer is fairly nice. Comfortable bedrooms kitchen bathrooms. Outdoor fire pit and grill. Very secluded. We took the drive through Glen Rose, which I would highly recommend. There's a wonderful Restaurant in Glen Rose called the river house we had dinner at on the way. Great scenery lots of wildlife. Deer, wild hogs, turkeys, jack rabbits and we even saw a bobcat. My wife loved the experience.  Well worth the trip.