Jeffrey Robles

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31380
Property Name : The Bluffs of Sandy Shores
Reservation Date : 04/11/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 22 Bass up to 5lbs., 1 small Bluegill
Lures Used : Lipless Crankbaits and Flukes

Took a friend of mine visiting from out of state to The Bluffs yesterday.  We fished from 9:30am to 4pm.  We caught 22 Bass, all fat and healthy.  15 on Booyah Lipless Crankbaits in Rayburn Red, the other 7 on Super Flukes in Albino.  We had three just over 5lbs., but each lost 2 that were bigger.  One fish looked to be a giant as it could barely get itself up out of the water when it went to jump and threw the bait.  The lake was windy but not as bad as the week before, so I was able to fish more of it.  This place is awesome.  There is so much cover in this lake it’s amazing.  We caught our fish just about everywhere, on the wood and brush piles, off the islands and along the plain, more natural banks.  We were tucked in at one point in the late afternoon against one of the largest wood/brush piles and my buddy got his bait hung up.  As we moved closer to the snag, we looked up and saw the big snake in the pic below, just about 2 feet above my buddies head.  He almost jumped out of the boat.  The snake never moved and we quietly slide back from it.  But I thought I’d mention it becasue I know in the strong winds the week before, we let ourselves lay the boat right in against the bank and those wodd piles a couple of times.  just a good reminder I thought.  You might want to scope out the thick stuff before you just slide right into it.