Apr 10 2022

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32020
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/09/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3 LMB up to 3.75lb, 5 crappie
Lures Used : Paddletail swimbait on flashy swimmer, wacky rigged stick bait, chatterbait, Tx rig

Weather conditions were typical north Texas.  It was 42 degrees and calm when I started out, and by the time I packed it up early at 2:30pm it was 88 degrees and blowing hard.  Water looked to be at typical fill level, was 60-62 degrees, and very muddy with less than 12 inches of visibility.  I decided to try every black/blue bait I could muster to see if that would help in the muddy water.  All fish except one bass were caught on the black/blue swimbait on the flashy swimmer.  The other was on the b/b stick bait wacky rigged.  1 bass was 3.75lb, 1 was 2.5lb, and the other was less than 2 but all comfortably over the slot.  Lost one more at the boat that might have gone to the cooler.  The boat has a slow leak, and somehow I misplaced my bailing bucket, so between that and the increasing winds, I put up the boat early around noon and just fished another couple of hours from the bank.  Only got 1 final crappie, so since they just weren’t biting what I was throwing, I headed home early.

Jul 06 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the update on the boat. After more than 2 years we have finally found a few new jon boats and we just added one at Triple J. The old boat lasted 40 years, it is now at the scrap yard.