Great Fishing

Apr 04 2022

Darryl Stratton

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fished Salt Lick on Sunday from 8 - 5pm.. Lake is down about 4-5 feet and has piles of dirt surrounding the entire place, not a tree in sight and you get to hear the train passing every hour. But the fish in the lake are GREAT! The first hour I caught 10 all but one over 3lbs, I tried a few different baits but only one worked (Yellow Magic popper in bone). After the top water slowed down I thought I would hit the trees with square bills and spinners but had no takers at all. So I decided to check out the balance of the lake and fish the banks, tried chatter baits, swim lures, flukes and nothing hit any of these. The only thing that worked was a wacky rigged senko or stik. color here did not matter nor did size. Caught 2 LMB 5 and 5.6 lbs on a green white 4 inch senko, caught 3 4lbers on a green pumpkin 6 inch senko, kept catching on senkos all day (colors pink white, purple and white blue). Tried to fish with dropshots and tx rig and did not get a bit at all. Overall a great lake to fish for numbers and size.