Stephen Conover

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31817
Property Name : Cassidy Farms
Reservation Date : 03/26/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 141/ 2.5 to 4.8
Lures Used : Crankbaits, chatterbaits, swimbaits, topwaters

My adult son, Cody, and I fished Cassidy Lake on Saturday March 26, from 7:30am to 7:15 pm.  Cody caught 87 and I caught 54. 

Obviously, this lake provides incredible fishing! The fish were fat and healthy and were tremendous fighters.  We only caught 2 fish that were 14” or under.  The rest were in the 2.5-4 pound range with three fish over 4 pounds.  There was some spawning activity going on as a few large tails were observed near the banks.

Cassidy is a beautiful lake and there is little or no structure so you could fish whatever lure you wanted with no fear of getting hung-up.   There was, however, plenty of slimy moss near the edges.  The water was pretty clear, and visibility approached 2 feet in some areas. Water temp was 60 when we arrived and progressed to 69 by evening.

As the website says, there is no ramp, but using 4 wheel drive we were able to launch our 17’ aluminum Tracker with no problem. There is no discernible road to the lake and no definitive launch site.  We launched on the east side about 15 yards north of the dock. 

We used a variety of tackle including topwater, crankbait, swimbait, and chatterbait.  Surface baits and cranks were the best producers; swimbaits a close second.  Fish were caught in every part of the lake.