Stephen Hardison

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31579
Property Name : Tara lake
Reservation Date : 03/13/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 1-6.88lb, 1-5.73lb, 2-3lbs, 1-dink
Lures Used : Tokyo Rigged Zman TRD

Last year on March 16 me and my brother hit Tara for 63 bass. This year quite different. Hit the water at 7:30 am. It was around 33 degrees and cold. Began on the northwest bank. Worked all the way around to brush piles and then to the dam when finally got a bite. Wind came up to about 20 with higher gust and just made this a cold and windy day. Water temp was 52.4 degrees. Last year just 3 days later than today was closer to 65 degrees on electronics. No fish on beds yet that we could tell. Managed to get nice pics right before the wind came up early in morning. Note:Tara does have a tall dam on the south so it helped but the wind was coming from SSE so it was still tough to fish anywhere on the lake.

P.S.Would like to see PWF put a wind fishabiity index on their properties. So members can scan properties to see which ones can be fished easier on these windy days. WOuld likely have to have members rate each lake based on questions (i.e. like a fishing report). Lake gets static points for lake and surrounding features ability to block wind from certain directions.  Dam length and height, amount of trees around, amount or ingress of coves. Then members can try and report the Wind speed, direction (blowing from N,NE,NW, S,SE,SW, E,W,ect), and what coping mechanisms were used to overcome fishing in the wind to arrive at other components of rating. This would help new members to a lake acertain before booking how effective they can possibly cope on windy days and give them more info to use to book properties that are easier to fish on windy days. Just a thought. In my mind i envision a wind speed indicator with a direction indicator illistrating the index based on direction wind is blowing from. Higher is better, lower is worse. Just a thought. (I uploaded my conception just for fun).